Build of a new village hall on the existing footprint with a timber framed structure to replace 70 year old dilapidated building
Posted: 13th October 2014
Coln Valley Village Hall, Coln Rogers, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL54 3LB
The transformation from a dilapidated village hall, well used since being erected in 1948, to a modern building offering current standards of environmental performance and facilities, is now complete.
Serving the scattered and relatively isolated communities of Winson,Coln Rogers, Calcot, Fossbridge and Coln St Dennis, the new Coln Valley village hall with a bespoke fit-out will aim to accommodate the needs of the communities local events, parish council meetings, small scale business use, outreach services and much more.
With the nearest village hall over three miles away and no shops, public house or cafe available, the need to provide a multi-purpose facility for these rural communities is essential. This facility will promote greater community involvement, cohesion and a sense of purpose. The Gloucestershire Environmental Trust considered this project worthy of a £35,000 grant which will now secure the hall as a self-sustaining resource for many years to come.